Lancing War Memorial now stands in South Street, with the Parish Hall on one side, and the church of St. Michael and All Angels on the other, but originally it was erected immediately in front of St. Michael's, and on land belonging to the Church. Between the wars South Street was widened and the Church lost sixteen feet from its land, including the area of the Memorial, and it was at this tiime that it was moved to its present position. It takes the form of a stone cross on a rectangular base, with the names of those who died during the Great War on all four faces, with a second stone base added later to record the names of the men who lost their lives between 1939 and 1945. The wording above the names reads:
'To the Glory of God/ and the memory of Lancing men/ who laid down their lives for their country/ in the Great War 1914-1918'